EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR CONTROL LINE MODELS
F2A - F2B - F2C - F2D
JUNIOR & SENIOR
JULY 12 - 18
VALLADOLID - SPAIN
The Federacion Aeronautica Española (FAE) and Aerosafa Sports Club
cordially invite your National Team to the FAI 1999 Control Line
- COMPETITION CATEGORIES:
|F2A - Speed|| F2C - Team Racing
|F2B - Aerobatics|| F2D - Combat
- Both Junior and Senior events will be held in combination.
- The individual categories will be held on condition that at least four
(4) nations enter.
- The FAI Sporting Code issued January 1999 rules will be applicable to
- The official Languages will be English and Spanish.
- The city of Valladolid, population 350,000, is located North to
Madrid. Aerosafa headquarters are located in Plaza de las Batallas [near
Derecho-Law College] and 5 kilometres from the flying field.
- The flying field is in Carretera Renedo, only 3 kilometres away from
Valladolid city centre. The facilities have a F2A fenced contest circle
on a paved area, a F2B paved contest circle, a F2C fenced contest circle
on a paved area and two F2D grass fields. There are also wide boxes
areas for each category.
- The flying field has a competition workshop with electricity supply
for competitors free use.
- Practice circles for unofficial, free trainings are located near the
flying field. A location map will be provided on registration.
- Practice circles for unofficial, free trainings can be used from July
- Valladolid is 195 kms. North from Madrid (capital of Spain).
- You can get here by plane from London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid and
Vigo. You have daily regular flights from these airports to Villanubla
- Coach services run every hour from Madrid - Estacion Sur in Mendez
Alvaro. The first coach service is at 7.00 and the last one at 23.00
- There are several trains connecting Madrid and Valladolid daily at
different times day and night. (Information will be given in following
bulletins as the trains timetable is changed in May)
- WEATHER: (Official average from July 1998)
Sun rises at about 5.00 hours and sets at about 20.00 (daylight saving time).
|9.00 hours||5.00 hours||20.00 hours
|Air Pressure at 0° C||701,4||700,6||699,7
|Wind Speed (km/h)||6||9,1||10
|Sky||Cloudy but dry||Sunny||Sunny
- SCHEDULE: All dates are July 1999.
A more detailed contest schedule will be offered in following bulletins.
|Monday,12:|| Arrival & Registration.|| Friday,16:||F2A: Practice.
|Unofficial practice.||F2B: 2nd & 3rd Flight.
|Tuesday,13:||Registration.||F2C: 3rd Round.
|Processing of Models.|| F2D: Semi-finals.
|Official practice.||Saturday,17:|| F2A: 3rd Flight.
| Opening Ceremony.|| F2B: Finals.
|Wednesday,14:|| F2A: Practice & 1st Flight||
||F2C: Semi-finals & Final.
| Flight.||F2D: Finals.
| F2B: 1st Flight||
|| Awards, Results & Closing Ceremony|
| F2C: 1st Round.
| F2D: 1st Round.
|Thursday,15:|| F2A: 2nd Flight.
| F2B: 1st & 2nd Flight.||Sunday,18:||Optional: Tour.
| F2C: 2nd Round.||Monday,19:||Departure.
| F2D: 2nd Round.
- TOUR DAY:
- This day can be for rescheduling due to bad weather. We have scheduled
a day for a tour in the region and nearby cities which have important
artistic and cultural sights.
- This day is optional and the fees below for food and accommodation do
not include the extra day and tour.
- A tourist programme will also be offered during contest days.
EXPLANATORY NOTE: A competitor is considered to be a junior only up to
and including the calendar year in which he attains the age of 18
(eighteen). So, before making their registration, all junior competitors
must provide a document to certify their date of birth.
- All competitors must have their current FAI licence and their models
must follow the FAI regulations.
- Each nation may enter up to three senior competitors (F2C: teams) in
each category, a team manager and an assistant team manager, as well as
helpers and supporters.
- The 1997 European Champions are also entitled to enter, subject to
approval of their NAC.
- Each nation may enter one junior (F2C: junior team) in each category
in addition to the addition to the regular team.
- The 1997 Junior European Champions are also entitled to enter, on
condition that they still are juniors (see below for explanatory note).
- The juniors will take part in the combined senior & junior events.
- Results will be presented separately, as well as in combination with
the senior competitors.
- If at least four (4) juniors enter a category, junior prizes and a
champion title will be awarded.
- If the result of a junior is better than the lowest regular senior
team member's result, his result will be taken to calculate the national
- Juniors can take senior helpers (where helpers are allowed), except
for F2C where both pilot and mechanic must be juniors.
- If two or more juniors draw on the top positions, they will compete
against themselves to resolve the final positions. The result of these
rounds will not influence the general classification.
N.B.: For the Opening Ceremony and Awards Ceremony, the Team Manager has
to provide the organization with two flags from his country and his
national anthem. He can get them back the tour day or after the Awards
A. D. AEROSAFA
- ORGANISATION SPECIAL REQUIREMENT:
All contestants, team managers, helpers and supporters have to send two
passport photographs when sending the preliminary entry form. Their
names should be written on the back.
CLOTHING: Inside the flying site, all competitors, helpers and
supporters must wear sports clothes (shorts & T-shirt). People wearing
swimming costumes are not allowed inside the contest site.
- FAI Diploma to first through third places.
- All competitors will get an Attendance Certificate.
- FAI Diploma to first place team members and manager.
C/ Guadalete No2
47005 - VALLADOLID
(SPAIN - ESPAÑA)
Phone number: + 34.983.291541
(9.00 to 12.30 and 16.00 to 18.00)
Facsimile: + 34.983.308719 (24 hours)
FAE and the 1999 European Championships Organising Committee,
Antonio Rojas Ramos.
Chairman. Organising Committee.
Juan Carlos Frias Crespo
Secretary, Organising Committee.
Alvaro Calderón Torres.
PROMOTIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR YOUTHS IN AEROBATICS AND COMBAT.
- Organisers invite Youths ( up to18) not taking part in the FAI
European Junior Championships as competitors and Cadets (9-14) to attend
this event and make a try to promote our sport.
- Each country can entry up to FIVE (5) Youth contestants and TEN (10)
|The entry fee will be:||YOUTHS: 2.000 PESETAS
| CADETS: 1.000 PESETAS
| The models can be your own. The engines have to be:
|Aerobatics: from 2.5 cc to 6.5 cc
|Combat: 2.5 cc (plastic propeller)
We will follow the FAI SPORTING CODE regarding to penalties and offences.
- In Aerobatics the list of manouvres is:
|Competitors are considered to be
cadets up to and including the
calendar year in which they attain
the age of 14.
|| Competitors are considered to be
youths up to and including the
calendar year in which they attain
the age of 18.
| Starting || K=2|| Starting || K=1
| Take- off || K=3|| Take- off || K=2
| Horizontal flight (2 faps) || K=2|| Reverse Wing-over || K=6
| Wing-over || K=4|| Three inside loop || K=6
| First inside loop || K=2|| Inverted flight (2 laps) || K=2
| Second inside loop || K=3|| Two inside square loops || K=12
| Third inside loop || K=4|| Two outside square loops || K=12
| Inverted flight (2 laps) || K=8|| Two Horizontal eights || K=6
| First outside loop || K=3|| Two Vertical eights || K=8
| Second outside loop || K=4|| Two Overhead eights || K=6
| Third outside loop || K=5|| Landing || K=6
| One Horizontal eight || K=10
| One Vertical eight || K=12
| Landing || K=6
|THE FLIGHT WILL BE ALLOWED FIVE MINUTES,
INCLUDING TAKE-OFF AND LANDING
||THE FLIGHT WILL BE ALLOWED SIX MINUTES,
INCLUDING TAKE-OFF AND LANDING
- Flights will be performed on a grass track
- Maximum line length for F2B will be 18 m.
- Trophy and diploma from the Organiser.
- An engine for the first three competitors in each category
and group of age
The judges will be official judges from the registered list of FAE and
with wide judging experience in regional and national Championships.
|Monday 12:|| Arrival|| Thursday 15:|| Aerobatics 2nd
|Unofficial practice||Combat 2nd Round.
|Tuesday 13:||Registration & Processing
||Friday 1:||Aerobatics 3rd Flight.
|Official Practice||Combat Finals||
|Wednesday 14:|| Aerobatics 1st flight.
||Saturday 1:||Awards Ceremony.
|Combat 1st round.
- We offer the same kind of lodging as for seniors and juniors in
the FAI European Championships with a 25% reduction on the offered final
[ENTRY FORM OMITTED]