Kyiv, February 17, 1998
To the National Airsport Control authority of all FAI member nations:
The 1998 World Championships for Control Line Aeromodels in Ukraine,
The Federation of Aeronautical Sports of Ukraine kindly requests that FAI
Aeromodelling Committee chooses Ukraine to host the World Control Line Model
Championships in Kyiv 1998 and cordially invites your National team to take
the participation in this event.
Enclosed you will find the Bulletin 1 from the organisers
of the 1998 World Championships for Control Line aeromodels in Ukraine, Kyiv,
August 23-30. There is also a Preliminary Entry
Form that has to be filled in and returned no later than April 10 in
order to receive further information. Please make sure that these papers
are handled over to your appropriate authority as soon as possible.
THE 1998 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
FOR CONTROL LINE AEROMODELS
August 23-30, 1998, Ukraine, Kyiv
February 17, 1998
Federation of Aeronautical Sports of Ukraine cordially invites your
National Team to the 1998 World Aeromodelling Championships!
The competition categories:
F2A, F2B, F2C, F2D
- Both junior and senior events will be held in combination.
- The individual categories will be held in combination.
- Rules will be according to the FAI Sporting Code issued 1997,
with applicable amendments and clarifications.
- The official languages will be English and Ukrainian.
Kyiv is Ukraine`s capital, located in its centre. Its population
exceeds 3 million. Maps showing the city, hotels and contest site
locations are found on an attached sheet.
Attached scheme shows this contest site. [See aerial pictures:
1 | 2]
Control line model
flying site sport complex "Chayka" which hosted the W/Ch 1988,
is situated in the western part of Kyiv. There are three fenced
contest`s circles for F2A, F2B, F2C, place on the grass field for F2D,
pavilions for national teams preparation, additional places for
practice, cloak-rooms for storage of models and equipment.
All dates are August, 1998
As a spare day is recommended, it is normally included and
may be provided for resheduling due to bad weather.
|Sunday 23|| Arrival, registration, practice, briefing
|Monday 24|| Registration, opening ceremony, airshow, processing,
|Tuesday 25|| F2A - practice
|F2B - First Flight (2/3)
|F2C - First Round
|F2D - First Round
|Wednesday 26||F2A - First Flight
|F2B - First Flight(1/3), Second Flight (1/3)
|F2C - Second Round
|F2D - Second Round
|Thursday 27|| F2A - Second Flight
|F2B - Second Flight (2/3)
|F2C - Third Round
|F2D - Semi - finals
|Friday 28|| F2A - Third Flight
|F2B - Finals
|F2C - Semi finals and Final
|F2D - Finals
|Awards and closing ceremony, Banquet
|Saturday 29|| Optional: Tour
|Sunday 30|| Departure
- Each nation may enter up to three competitors (F2C: teams) seniors and one
junior (F2C: junior team) in each category.
- The 1996 World Champions are also entitled to enter, subject to approval
of their NAC.
- The 1996 Junior World Champions are also entitled to enter,
or condition that they still are juniors.
- The juniors will take part in the combined senior and junior events.
- The results will be presented separately, as well as in combination
with the seniors.
- If at least five juniors enter a category, junior prizes and a champion
title will be awarded.
- The result of a junior will enhance the national team results if it is
better than the lowest regular team result.
- Juniors may use senior helpers, where helpers are allowed.
- For junior F2C teams, both pilot and mechanic must be juniors.
- In F2C a junior final will be held if at least three teams (out of at
least five) post a qualifying time.
- Following the combined F2D competition, additional matches will be
flown among the juniors as necessary to resolve the top three positions.
FAI Jury and Judges
The following jurors and judges selected from the CIAM approved list
have accepted invitations and have been approved by the CIAM Bureau:
|FAI Jury|| ||F2C Jury
|President:|| Sandy Pimenoff|| Finland||
Paul Rietbergen|| Netherlands
|Laird Jackson|| USA|| Karlis Plocins|| Latvia
|Boris Krasnoroutski|| Russia|| Valery Kramarenko||
|Reserve:|| Victor Onufrienko|| Ukraine|| Reserve:||
Victor Barkov|| Russia
|F2B Judges|| || F2D Jury
|Stefan Kraszewski|| Poland|| Guido Michiels|| Belgium
|Art Adamisin|| USA||Vernon Hunt|| UK
|Bernadette Gilbert|| France|| Oleg Doroshenko||
|Yuri Smirnov|| Russia|| Marshal:|| Mack Henry|| USA
|Igor Boguslavsky|| Ukraine|| Reserve:||
Thomas Durrfeld|| Germany
|Reserves:|| Louis M.van den Hout|| Netherlands
|Klaus Kosmolla|| Germany
- FAI medals to first trough third places, with additional prizes provided by
FAS of Ukraine.
- FAI diploms to first trough third places.
- All competitors will receive an organiser certificate.
- Challenge Trophies where applicable.
- FAI diploms to first place team members and team-manager.
- Challenge Trophies where applicable.
Seven alternatives are available. Attached scheme showes the disposition
of accomodation places and contest site. All hotels exept n7 (see below)
are located along the avenue connecting the western border of the city
with its centre.
- Tourist complex "Prolisok". The hotel is situated by the west border of
the city. The distance to the contest site is 4 km and has the following
facilities: bar, restaurant, sauna, place for car parking.
- Two-roomed double room. Toilet, bath, refrigerator, TV. In addition extra
bed can be arranged.
- Double room. Toilet, bath, refrigerator, TV.
- Olimpic centre "Sviatoshin" is situated at the distance 6 km to the
contest site. Canteen, place for car parking. The number of the rooms is
- Double room. Toilet, shower, refrigerator, TV.
- Double room. Toilet, shower.
- Two-roomed four-bed room. Toilet, shower.
- Motel "Sniper" is situated at the distance 11 km to the contest site.
Bar, place for car parking. The number of the rooms is limited.
- Two-roomed three-bed-place room (recently repaired). Toilet,
- Two-roomed three-bed-place room. Toilet, shower, TV.
- Double room. Toilet, shower.
- Hotel "Olga" is situated at the distance 12 km to the contest
site. Bar, place for car parking.
- Three-bed room. Toilet, bath- shower, refrigerator, TV.
- Hotel ĎAcademichna" is situated 12 km to the contest site. Restaurant,
place for car parking
- Two-roomed double room. Toilet, bath, refrigerator, TV, phone.
- Double room. Toilet, shower, refrigerator, TV, phone.
- Hotel "Nica" is situated at the distance 13 km to the contest site.
Bar, place for car parking.
- Single room. Toilet, bath, refrigerator, TV, phone.
- Double room. Toilet, bath, refrigerator, TV, phone.
- Three-bed room. Toilet, bath, refrigerator, TV, phone.
- Hotel "Jerelo" is situated at the distance 15 km to the contest site.
Bar, pool, place for car parking.
- Double room (recently repaired). Toilet, shower, TV.
- Double room. Toilet, shower, TV.
- Hotel residents can have full board (3 meals) or only breakfast, lunch,
dinner if ordered in advance in hotel.
- At the contest site will be provided refreshments and bar. Hot lunches
will be provided too if ordered in advance.
- The awards banquet will be held in the restaurant of the tourist complex
- Kyiv is conventently situated along main roads and railroads. Airlines that
operate in Ukraine offer connections with all world airlines, several major
international airlines have regular flights to Kyiv.
- Car parking is available on the contest site and at hotels.
- Local bus transportation between hotels and contest site will be available
upon request in advance.
- Car or minibus rental will be available (with driver only). It will be
cheaper to hire a privat minibus. The details and prices of cur/minibus
rental will be given in Bulletin 2.
These are average of long standing climatic dates between 15-30 August:
- Average daily air temperature: 17 C - 19,2 C
- Max daily air temperature: 22,6 C - 25,7 C
- Min daily air temperature: 12,2 C - 14,7 C
- Daily quantity of precipitations: 0,3 mm - 7 mm
- Average daily speed of wind: 1,9 m/sec - 5 m/sec
|Obligatory entry fees (per person)|| USD
|- Competitors, team-managers and assistant team managers||220
|- Junior competitors|| 110
|- Helpers, supporters, press and accompanying persons|| 40
|For each additional competition category, add 50% of the entry fee
Lodging (per person per day)
|1.|| "a" - two-roomed double room|| 50
|additional bed|| 20
|"b" - double room|| 36
|2.||"a" - double room|| 25
|"b" - double room|| 22
|"c" - two-roomed four-bed room|| 20
|3.||"a" - two-roomed three-bed room (recently repaired)|| 17
|"b" - two-roomed three-bed room|| 12
|"c" - double|| 12
|4.||three-bed room|| 20
|5.||"a" - two-roomed double|| 38
|"b" - double|| 30
|6.||"a" - single (including breakfast)|| 45
|"b" - double (including breakfast)|| 35
|"c" - three-bed room|| 25
|7.|| "a" - double room|| 40
|"b" - double room (unrepaired)|| 23
|Lunch in package on the contest site|| 7
|Hot lunch on the contest site|| 10
|For hotel guests:
|Sightseeing tour|| not yet determined
- Early arrivals and late departures can be booked.
- Children under the age of 12 accompanying paying adults do not
pay entry fee, but 50% for the accommodation.
- The fees must be paid in USD to the account as specified in the Bulletin 2.
- Fees must be paid no later than 23 June.
- There will be additional 5% charge on the obligatory entry
fees and accommodation received 24 24 June to 23 July, and 10%
after 23 July.
Official Bulletins and Entry Forms
- This bulletin number 1 is sent to all FAI member NACs.
- The following bulletins will be sent only to those NACs that
announce their entry on the enclosed Preliminary Entry
- The release dates are preliminary.
- Bulletin 1, February 17 General information,
Preliminary Entry Form,
To be returned no later than March 31
- Bulletin 2, April 17 Detailed information, Final Entry Form,
To be returned no later than June 22.
- Bulletin 3, July 10 Latest News, Presentation of entries.
All official correspondence should be sent to:
|Ukrainian Aeromodelling Federation|| Phone: +380 (44) 457 09 73
|Industrialnaya 27 || Note the new phone number!|
|Kyiv 252056 UKRAINE
|Fax/phone: +380 (44) 388 31 42
See you in Kyiv!
FAS of Ukraine and 1998 World Championships Organising
|President FAS of Ukraine|| Secretary General